The purpose of the Lehigh University Structural Engineering Graduate Student Chapter is to promote advancement of the science and profession of engineering in a manner consistent with the purpose of ASCE. This will be accomplished by: (1) promoting and developing leadership skills within chapter members; (2) providing opportunities for students to present their current research in a professional environment; and (3) allowing interaction with the local engineering community, including the local SEI Lehigh Valley professional chapter.
An outline of possible chapter activities:
- Hosting professional seminars
- Attendance by both GSC members and Lehigh Valley SEI members
- Student and faculty presentations of current research
- Outside presentations by currently practicing engineers (LV-SEI members?)
- "Homecoming" seminars (invite back Lehigh alumni to present on their current work)
- Coordinating with other student groups (FERS, EERI) within the Lehigh CEE department
- Possible joint seminars and activities
- Possible funding of student travel to conferences by the LV-SEI professional chapter
If anyone else has any ideas on how to achieve our purpose, feel free to comment below!